We’re looking for an Events Manager to join our team. The role will encompass all aspects of events management, beginning with the consultation and planning process and going right through to the big day. No two days are the same with this role; one day could begin with a wedding consultation and wine tasting, and end with a live jazz gig!
Our events space is truly a one-of-a-kind, versatile area, and accommodates live music, stand up comedy, weddings, birthdays, community meetings, wakes, collectors conventions, short film screenings, corporate events and meetings… and that’s just this year!
The right person for this role will be someone with exceptional organisational skills, the ability to adapt and prioritise conflicting workloads, and excellent communication skills. A passion for live events and a sensitive and welcoming approach to customer event planning is also vital to this role. You should also have an interest in ensuring that our events are as sustainable, beneficial to the community, and ethical as possible, in line with our Sustainable Restaurant Association membership.
Working hours will be divided between 9am-5pm office shifts and evenings/weekends to accommodate events as required, totalling 42.5hrs per week.
Starting salary: £24,000
To apply, please send your cv and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The responsibilities of this role are including and not limited to:
• Maintaining communications with booking customers via telephone, email, in person, and our online events booking platform
• Meeting with customers to offer consultations and tours of the venue to assist with the planning process.
• Handling all new events enquiries coming through to the business and determining which would be a good fit for the events space.
• Compiling run sheets, pre-orders and staff briefs for all events taking place at the venue.
• Communicating effectively with the Bar Manager, Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef to ensure that pre-orders, special requests, and event-specific needs are well organised, and deadlines are comfortably met
• Handling the billing and payment of all events, recording accurately, and ensuring all payments are made in a timely manner
• Running events on the day, following through from the set-up process through to the actual event, and ensuring everything runs smoothly and our customers are well cared for.
• Liaising with all vendors for both public and private events ensuring load-ins happen in a timely and safe manner
• Keeping a good line of communication with the marketing team to ensure public events are marketed in line with company standards, and all marketing material is accurate and clear. Providing photographic and video material for the marketing team as necessary
• Taking the lead with training and briefing staff to ensure they have the skills required to effectively work each event as necessary
• Researching, planning, and trialling new methods of using the events space that are profitable, successful, and beneficial for the business
• Maintaining effective communication regarding the upcoming events calendar with all necessary team members
• Ensuring the events space is maintained to a high standard, including overall cleanliness & maintenance, sound equipment, furnishings, ambient and stage lighting, bar and back of house areas, and fire exits
• Assisting both the Bar and Restaurant Managers with front of house operations where required.
• Team benefit scheme across all of our venues
• Ethically and environmentally aware employer – We are part of the Sustainable Restaurant Association, a community of businesses working towards an environmentally restorative and socially progressive UK hospitality sector.
• Access to Hospitality Action’s Employee Assistance Programme for free, confidential help and advice when you are facing problems, difficulties or challenges relating to your home or working life.
• Regular performance appraisals
• A supportive, friendly team
Coming out of the pandemic we are working towards becoming a Real Living Wage employer. This is a major challenge in an industry in which so few are signed up to the Living Wage Foundation – however we believe it is the right thing to do and a big step towards professionalising our industry.
We’re committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.