THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
If you have a passion for customer service and running a team, then please apply.
This role is a mix of bartending and restaurant / event management. We are a small and close-knit team looking for someone with a great attitude, sense of humour, and enthusiasm for brilliant beers!
Some days you’ll be providing excellent service on our main deck; other days you’ll be organising logistics of our private function room.
We host a wide variety of events from live music, private parties, charity events, work do’s and weddings in the summer seasons.
The core duties of this role;
- To deliver excellent customer service and maximise profitability across bar, restaurant and events.
- To effectively supervise, direct and motivate our bar team.
- To present a positive image of the organisation by being polite, friendly and inclusive of all visitors.
- To train staff, equipping them with the knowledge to deliver fantastic customer service.
- To assist the General Manager in the administration of running the restaurant and bar; managing back of house, liaising with the kitchen about group bookings for restaurant and private bookings, collating run sheets and prepping staff ahead of events.
Forward facing roles included;
Managing the team on Shift.
Keeping a calm and welcoming environment for the customers to enjoy everything the venue has to offer; a mixture of private and public events in the Hold Bar, as well as bar and restaurant shifts in the main and upper deck.
Showing strong leadership qualities, delegating jobs, and assigning people on the shift sections. Regularly checking in on the relative sections e.g. (Kitchen, Bar, Floor, PrivateFunction Bar, Deck).
Relaying information from the kitchen about specials, bookings, and pre-orders. Communicating any messages clearly from the kitchen back to the of front of house team.
Dealing with customer enquiries, complaints, and refunds. Trying our best to make every customer leave happy.
Help in training and motivating other members of staff in close-down procedure, table service skills, running checks and customer service.
Sharing knowledge on the products on sale to the customers and staff, and showing enthusiasm about the food and drinks available.
Admin role included;
Helping with the email inbox and all enquiries, liaising with payroll, suppliers, internal team of Tobacco Factory and events promoters.
Stock control and ordering relative stock to keep the bar running smoothly and efficiently.
Maintaining a safe working environment, instigating appropriate health and safety training and due diligence .
- Team benefit scheme across all of our venues
- Ethically and environmentally aware employer – we are part of the Sustainable Restaurant Association, a community of businesses working towards an environmentally restorative and socially progressive UK hospitality sector.
- Access to Hospitality Action’s Employee Assistance Programme for free, confidential help and advice when you are facing problems, difficulties or challenges relating to your home or working life.
- A supportive, friendly team
- Food on shift
- Cycle to work scheme
For more information and to apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or age.
The Tobacco Factory family includes Tobacco Factory Cafe Bar, Sunday Market, Five Acre Farm and Shop, Mark’s Bread and Grain Barge.